At Frantz EyeCare, we are very proud of our unique ability to continually bring our patients the latest technologies and procedures to give them their best possible vision.
Here are just a few examples of how we constantly strive to stay at the forefront of ophthalmology.
- Dr. Jonathan Frantz performed the first Laser Vision Correction procedure in Florida in 1989. This procedure has provided thousands of people the opportunity to live life independent of glasses.
- Many people associate Cataract Surgery with having to wear a patch over their eyes after a very extensive surgical procedure. At Frantz EyeCare that is a thing of the past. Dr. Frantz was the first cataract surgeon in Southwest Florida to offer no-stitch cataract surgery.
- Frantz was also the first surgeon to offer the ReStor multifocal Lens. This intraocular lens helps patients to live a more active lifestyle after their Cataract Surgery, allowing many people to live without glasses after their surgery. We are proud to report that Dr. Frantz is the most experienced surgeon in the area to offer this lens.
Other additions to our Cataract Surgery procedure that differentiate it from any in the area include being:
- The first and only practice in Southwest Florida to offer the Verion image guided system. This system to enhances the precision and safety of cataract surgery
- The first to offer the ORA with VerifEye laser system. With the ORA system,Dr. Frantz is able to accurately measure the eye during surgery, after the cataract has been removed. This allows a more precise calculation that will give the patient the best and most suitable lens implant (IOL) power for their unique eye.
- Dr. Frantz is proud to have surrounded himself with a team of the most experienced specialist in the country. In June of 2015 Dr. Jeffrey Robin joined Frantz EyeCare. He has performed thousands of LASIK procedures making him the most experienced doctor to offer Bladeless LASIK in Southwest Florida.
- And last but not least, one of Dr. Frantz’s proudest accomplishments is that he is among the top 5 most experienced Bladeless Cataract Surgeons in the country and the top Bladeless Laser Cataract Surgeon in the State of Florida.
Our number one goal is to help our patients see their best and we believe the best way to do this is to bring the best technology and most experienced surgeons to Southwest Florida. Each of our specialists are fellowship trained in their specific field and are ready to improve our patient’s lives for the better.